CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
Who is CIMA?
CIMA is the market-leading international business qualification, which provides financial knowledge and understanding in a commercial context.
There are two CIMA qualifications available - CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting & the CIMA Professional Qualification.
What is the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
If you’re looking to work in the business accounting or management accounting sectors, the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting qualification provides you with the knowledge required to do so.
As this is an entry-level qualification no previous experience is required to enrol onto this course, and there are no prerequisites.
Course subjects include:
- Fundamentals of Business Economics (BA1)
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BA2
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (BA3)
- Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law (BA4)
There are two CIMA qualifications available - CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting and the CIMA Professional Qualification.
Why choose to study the CIMA Certificate
As the world’s leading and largest professional body of management accountants, CIMA has built an outstanding reputation in the professional world of accounting. With over 100 years of experience, they leverage their heritage and history, to provide excellent training for professional accountants.
CIMA benefits include:
- There are no prerequisites to start studying a CIMA qualification
- The CIMA qualification is recognised across 179 countries, enabling delegates to have plenty of opportunities to work abroad
- CIMA is highly recognised by employers, with 96% of FTSE 100 firms employing CIMA qualified individuals
- CIMA graduates enter the industry with access to a wide range of opportunities, which include Finance, Consultative and Management roles
- CIMA boasts a global network of over 650,000 current and next generation finance professionals*
- CIMA members (CGMAs) earn average of £66,000**
- 63% of CIMA students expect to receive a bonus within 12 months of qualifying*
*Source - CIMA
**Source - 2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Salary Survey
Where can CIMA take my career?
One of the most important factors of business success is sound financial management. As such, CIMA graduates leave prepared to add value to any organisation around the world.
At this level you can apply for junior job roles such as an Accounting administrator, an Auditing Clerk, or Finance Planner. A starting salary between £25,000 and £32,000 is realistic. Once you have taken your CIMA Professional Qualifications, you could double that starting salary.
Why study CIMA with us?
- We have trained over 555,000 delegates
- We only use training materials which have been officially approved by CIMA
- Study at your own pace, where and when it suits you
- This course includes eLearning, Study Books, Exam Preparation Guides, Pocket Revision Kits and Unlimited Tutor Support
- We offer Interest-Free Payment Plans
- Exceptional Pass Rates
The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting exams can be taken at any one of the 5,000 Pearson Vue Test Centre’s, across 178 countries around the world. Upon completion of your exam you will immediately receive a provisional pass or fail grade.
- BA1 – 60 multiple choice questions. 2 hours
- BA2 – 60 multiple choice questions. 2 hours
- BA3 – 60 multiple choice questions. 2 hours
- BA4 – 85 multiple choice questions. 2 hours
As you progress through your CIMA qualification journey you will gain the following designatory letters:
Certificate in Business Accounting
Once you have successfully completed the CIMA Cert BA.
Professional - Operational Level
After completing the tests and Case Study exam, you will receive the CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting and will gain the designatory letters CIMA Dip MA.
Professional - Management Level
After completing the tests and Case Study exam, you will receive the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting and will gain the designatory letters CIMA Adv Dip MA.
On completion of the Strategic level tests and Case Study exam, you will be eligible to submit your practical experience for assessment.
The practical experience requirement (PER) is an essential part of the CIMA Qualification and CIMA’s application process. It complements assessments and demonstrates your ability to apply knowledge and skills in the context of your professional experience.
Your PER application will be assessed to determine whether you have gained sufficient experience to be awarded Associate membership – giving you the Associate Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) and Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designations.
In order to become a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), you require a minimum of three years verified relevant work-based practical experience.
- A. Macroeconomic and Institutional Context of Business (25%)
- B. Microeconomic and Organisational Context of Business (30%)
- C. Informational Context of Business (20%)
- D. Financial Context of Business (25%)
- A. The Context of Management Accounting (10%)
- B. Costing (25%)
- C. Planning and Control (30%)
- D. Decision Making (35%)
- A. Accounting Principles, Concepts and Regulations (10%)
- B. Recording Accounting Transactions (50%)
- C. Preparation of Accounts for Single Entities (30%)
- D. Analysis of Financial Statements (10%)
- A. Business Ethics and Ethical Conflict (30%)
- B. Corporate Governance, Controls and Corporate Social Responsibility (45%)
- C. General Principles of the Legal System, Contract and Employment Law (15%)
- D. Company Administration (10%)
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above