AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software (Level 2) with Sage Business Cloud
This course is the perfect place to start if you are taking your first step towards a career in accountancy & finance. You’ll learn how to use accounting software, how to process account transactions, & more!
Sage Business Cloud is cloud-based accountancy suite developed by Sage Group. It is primarily aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises and self-employed individuals.
If you’re interested in a career in accountancy and finance, whether you are looking to work in an accounting firm, handle small business accounting, or you are already an established business owner looking to gain skills in how to effectively manage your own books, the AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software (Level 2) course is the perfect place to start.
This great-value online course provided by industry-recognised AAT, is endorsed by huge companies like Greene King, P&G and ASDA, and with 130,000 students and members in over 90 countries, you can sign up safe in the knowledge that you’re in tried and trusted hands.
We are incredibly honoured to announce that we've been shortlisted for the ‘AAT Distance Learning Training Provider of the Year award 2020!'
Is the Foundation Award in Accounting Software (Level 2) right for me?
If you’re self-motivated, have strong numeracy skills, excellent organisation and possess an analytical mind, a career in Accountancy may be the perfect career path for you.
There are no prerequisites to enrol on the AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software (Level 2) course, however it’s recommended that you have a good grasp of both English and maths. This course provides natural progression for learners who have completed the AAT Access Award in Accounting Software course, however it can also be a starting point for learners who are sure of their new career path or those who already have some bookkeeping skills but would like to formalise them in order to progress their career.
You will study all the basics required to navigate accounting software competently, with units of learning including opening balances and journals, sales and purchase ledger transactions, bank and petty cash transactions and the trial balance and data security.
This course is a dual certification from AAT and Sage: you will use the Sage Business Cloud software programme that is already being used by over 800,000 businesses worldwide to monitor their accounts and finances.
On achieving your AAT qualifications for this course, it will help open doors to both accounting apprenticeships and entry-level opportunities such as:
- Clerical assistant (£17,000)
- Bookkeeper (£27,000)
- Accounts clerk (£23,000)
- Finance assistant (£23,000)
- Accounts administrator (£21,000)
If you decide to continue your studies, you have the option to progress to the advanced and professional qualifications, which in turn can lead to further career advancement and the potential to become an AAT full member (MAAT) or to study further for chartered status.
How do I study this AAT Accounting Software course?
All course content is designed for you to access at your own pace, across all devices, whenever and wherever suits you. This means that it’s ideal for career-changers who need to fit their learning around existing work and family commitments. Should you decide to progress with the AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software (Level 2) course, you should be able to achieve professional status within about 18 months to three years of embarking on the foundation level, then working through the advanced and professional qualifications.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Study the modules to become confident and competent in using accounting software.
- Feel confident that you’re using official learning material from leading bookkeeping software provider Sage
- Learn Sage Business Cloud
- Become proficient in setting up accounting software and create customer & supplier accounts
- Study how to process sales & purchase transactions including processing sales invoices & credit notes
- Process bank & cash transactions, including both payments & receipts for non-credit & recurring transactions
- Become confident in ensuring that VAT is posted to the correct account
- Effectively perform period end routine tasks, including processing journals & reconciling bank statement
- Discover how to produce professional reports for customers and suppliers, and from the general ledger
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- AAT subscription fee (worth £49) included in the cost
- Course content is compatible with all devices
- Technical support is available and easily accessible should you encounter problems
- You will use Sage Business Cloud software, the UK’s most popular online accounting and payroll software
- Tutor support is included for ease of learning
- All course content is designed in consultation with employers
- You will gain the necessary practical skillsets as well as theoretical knowledge
- The useful glossary makes learning new terms and vocabulary easy
- Access to discounts, study materials and career support through your online account
- 97% of full members would recommend studying the award-winning AAT courses
- Boost your CV by formalising the skillset you already have or learning a new one
All students must register with AAT within four weeks of starting their course.
Sign up to AAT - Foundation Award in Accounting Software (Level 2) today to open the door to career progression by getting qualified with industry-endorsed AAT.
AAT Exams – Update
Social distancing guidance
The AAT expect all training providers and assessment venues to act responsibly and ensure they adhere to all government rules and guidelines in relation to social distancing when offering AAT assessments on site. We'll be providing more guidance around social distancing in the coming weeks.
Synoptic windows revised
Synoptic window dates have now been confirmed for the remainder of the year and include additional dates to help with planning and potential capacity issues due to social distancing restrictions. Full details can be found here.
Level 2 synoptic assessments
In agreement with Ofqual, the UK qualifications regulator, the AAT has announced the intention to issue calculated results for eligible students studying the Foundation Certificate in Accounting - Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland) and Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business (Level 2).
Full details on the revised synoptic windows can be found here.
AAT courses are offered by e-Careers Ltd, an approved training provider
* Sage Business Cloud can be accessed on any machine with internet connection.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above