Level 2 Health and Safety in the Catering Workplace Refresher
This course is designed for those who have taken the full Level 2 Health and Safety in the Catering Workplace course. It is the ideal way to supplement their learning and refresh the important skills they acquired in this business-critical discipline.
Content is carefully designed to refresh learners’ knowledge, giving them a solid overview of what they have learned as well as the opportunity to re-test their knowledge and understanding.
Narration is from Lisa Ackerley, better known as TV’s ‘Hygiene Doctor’. This allows learners to engage with the course content via a familiar and authoritative spokesperson for health and safety.
This course is a must for anyone who wants to master this increasingly important discipline, which offers a growing number of advanced career opportunities.
Key learning points
This course is designed for the learner’s convenience. It can be completed at the individual’s own pace and the final test can be taken an unlimited number of times if required.
The content is arranged into different modules, each focusing on refreshing the learning from the full Level 2 course. This includes:
- The consequences of poor health and safety;
- The main areas of law that cover the workplace;
- Management’s responsibility for the welfare of employees;
- The benefits of good housekeeping practices and how to use equipment safely;
- The hazards associated with manual handling.
The course is structured to blend interactive learning with quick quizzes and a short certificated test on completion.
Advantages of this course
Learners can study this course at their own pace and the final test can be taken an unlimited number of times if required.
- This refresher course is the strongest possible reminder and revision of the full Level 2 course.
- On completion of this course, learners will have gained a mastery in:
- Control and report occupational health hazards;
- Reduce the likelihood of slips, trips and falls;
- Understand the level of first aid required at different sites;
- Gain an understanding of how to keep yourself safe through following safe methods;
- How to manage risk;
- How to lift and carry safely.
- In addition to the teaching of invaluable practical skills, the course also provides an excellent base from which to explore more advanced and specialised health and safety modules and programmes.
Salary range chart
- Introduction to Health and safety
- Health and safety Legislation and Enforcement
- Health and Health Hazards
- The Principles of preventing Accidents
- Welfare at Work
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Manual Handling
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above